Saturday, September 10, 2011

August in Student Affairs

As most of you know Justin and I both work on a college campus. I'm a Residence Hall Director and Justin is a University Police Officer. August through Homecoming (October) is our busiest time of the year! This year was no exception. Work becomes a priority which means long hours and little time off.

Once we were back from La Crosse the summer was officially over and I was preparing for training, prepping for staff and students to return. Training was filled with long days, lots of presenting, an overnight at Camp, Team-building, a day doing service in Eau Claire, and building a solid staff team. Everyone survived training, and on Sunday September 4th, we moved 300 students into the building. We are all settled in and doing well. It is still busy but all worth it! I absolutely love working with college students!

Justin worked a lot preparing campus for opening day! He worked long hours, many overnights and assisted in making move-in day successful. Campus brings in about 7,000 vehicles and close to 10,000 people. CRAZY! He is also starting to shadow the campus conduct process through the Dean of Students Office! Never a dull moment on a college campus.

Justin did get a chance to head to MN to visit friends. He drafted his Fantasy Football team as well as attended the Minnesota State Fair (the social event of the year in Minnesota).

No comments:

Post a Comment