I also remember that it was 80+ degrees and still pretty green everywhere. I remember the little gnats that bugged us during pictures and finally I remember our nephew Kenny who was fascinated with the ants during photos and who fell asleep during our ceremony and slept through his ring bearer duties.
Justin and I are so happy! We are excited to be starting a family and more in love with one another now than on our wedding day.
On the night of our wedding we stayed at a bed and breakfast. Each anniversary since we have chosen a weekend location and stayed at a bed and breakfast! This year we chose Dubuque, Iowa. We seem to always chose a place near water...so we enjoyed the town of Dubuque as well as the Mississippi River. This year's anniversary weekend had the most beautiful weather! It was 80+ degrees, breath taking fall colors, and nothing but sunny skies all weekend! We got luck as we usually end up with rain somewhere in the mix.
Justin and I took a ride on the Fenelon Place Elevator Company our first night. Here is Justin calling to have us elevated up the VERY steep hill. It was exciting and a bit scary....I made a lot of little squealing noises on our way up.
This is the open door of our tiny elevator.
Here we are climbing to the top! I'm smiling but I was scared.
We went at night!
Here is our view from the top! We don't have a camera that takes good night phot's or the users of the camera don't know how to take good night photos using the camera.
Here is a picture of the elevator during the day time.
It was very steep...I think this picture shows it better!
We explored downtown Dubuque as well as took a walk along the Mississippi River. Here is Justin just taking in the sites!
Here is the infamous bird picture! Justin loves watching birds and so everywhere we go we have bird pictures.
Me enjoying the awesome scenery of the river and fall colors.
All of a sudden there was a bunch of waves coming into shore from the river. I will admit the birds were fun to watch as the waves came in!
A bridge over the Muddy Mississippi
This photo doesn't do the view justice but it was awesome, trust us.
Doing more bird watching!
This was a sculpture on our river walk...not sure what it is but it was created by an artist from Kansas City. I think it was called Stride, but it looked to us like a bug.
Here is it as a different angle.
This was a the Mississippi River Walk!
Added a baby shot! 26 Weeks and counting.
The colors were breath taking.
We had a wonderful and relaxing Anniversary Weekend. It was nice to get out of town, reward our- selves after all the hard work we did on the apartment and to just spend some quality time with each other. We are blessed that we have the financial ability to take these weekend get-a-ways. I hope we will be able to continue this tradition even after the baby is born.







No comments:
Post a Comment